We are delighted to invite you to the inaugural Strategic Content Alliance Northern Ireland Forum. Places for this event are strictly limited. This event is designed for people involved in policy and strategy for digital content as well as those involved in the creation of digital content for lifelong learning.
Read on to find out more about the inaugural Northern Ireland Forum and to see the agenda.
In order for the SCA to progress its mission to build a UK Content Framework, it is integral that we collaborate with the devolved administrations specifically and agencies and organisations with a Scottish, Northern Ireland and Welsh perspective more broadly. We see this event as an opportunity to share knowledge and seek input from Northern Irish experts. We very much look forward to introducing the work of the SCA, learning more about the Northern Irish environment, and looking at how we can work together.
- To introduce the work of the Strategic Content Alliance and JISC
- Demonstrate SCA work in specific areas including Licensing and Audience Analysis as well as the work of JISC Collections and the UK Access Management Federation
- To learn more about the Northern Ireland environment and how we can work together
The Strategic Content Alliance aims to:
- assess and document the political, technical, cultural and organisational barriers which currently inhibit closer coordination and recommending how these should best be addressed
- analyse and model the potential for real convergence between the infrastructure and services provided by the sponsoring organisations to support enhanced engagement with online resources
- synthesise our findings into the content framework, of standards and good practices which will include an action plan for future coordination
Date: 1 February 2008
Venue: Park Plaza Belfast, Belfast International Airport, Belfast, BT29 4ZY
We would be extremely grateful if you could indicate your availability by emailing Emma Beer (email@example.com). Please note that spaces are limited so we encourage you to register your interest at your earliest opportunity.
A buffet lunch will be provided. Please indicate any dietary or accessibility requirements. If for any reason you are unable to attend, please feel free to nominate an expert colleague or representative to attend in your place.
A briefing paper summarising the findings of the forum will be available here on the blog.
10.00-10.30 Registration and tea/coffee
10.40-11.10 Introduction to the Strategic Content Alliance Emma Beer, Strategic Content Alliance, JISC
11.10-11.40 Case Study tbc
11.40-12.20 Case Study – The Museum Sector and Collaboration Clifford Harkness,
National Museums Northern Ireland
12.20-12.40 Questions and Answers
13.30-14.00 e-Resources and the non-Academic Audience Elizabeth Traynor, Queen’s University Belfast
14.00-14.15 Discussion: The SCA and Northern Ireland (facilitator Emma Beer, JISC)
14.15-14.45 Break Out Groups A, B, C (10 per group)
A) Collaboration (Clifford Harkness, National Museums Northern Ireland)
B) JISC Collections (Liam Earney, JISC Collections)
C) UK Access Management Federation (Nicole Harris, JISC)
14.45-15.15 Feedback from break out groups
15.15-15.30 Summing up and Close by Edgar Jardine (Deputy Secretary, Department of Culture, Arts and Leisure)