This workshop aimed to explore the opportunities for data and text mining and analytics from some of the UK’s leading advocates and practitioners and to highlight emergent policy and practice issues in education, research, technology and pharmaceutical industries. It also provided a forum to review and discuss the opportunities and challenges of data and text mining and analytics from different perspectives in light of the recommendations in the Digital Opportunities: A Review of IP and Growth report by Prof Hargreaves and the positive UK Government response.
Speakers included (names link to their Powerpoint presentations):
- Jeff Lynn – Chief Executive Officer, Seedrs Limited, Chairman, The Coalition for a Digital Economy (Coadec)
- John McNaught – Deputy Director, National Centre for Text Mining, University of Manchester
- Ben White – Head of Intellectual Property, British Library
- Naomi Korn – IP Consultant, JISC
- Philip Ditchfield – Contracts and Licensing Manager, GlaxoSmithKline